Independent Status Verification Form

Form Details

You must submit the completed Independent Status Verification form along with a copy of the court’s decision that you are/were an emancipated minor before you reached the age of being an adult (majority) in your state in order to confirm independent status for financial aid purposes. If you are/were NOT an emancipated minor, you must either make a correction to your FAFSA or contact the Financial Aid Office at (608) 246-6170 to discuss your situation. 

Note: the state of Wisconsin does NOT have a standard emancipation option. 

Financial Aid

Associated File(s)